Archiving has changed a bit in Exchange Online. No longer will you need to keep physical copies of emails or PSTs on your computer. They can now be stored over in your unlimited sized Online Archive.
The below instructions apply to Web Outlook and the Outlook client.
How to assign Archive Policy by Folder in Exchange Online
- Right click a folder in Outlook.
- Look for "Assign Policy". Move your mouse to it and a new menu will pop out.
- Assign the appropriate archive policy listed.
This will assign that policy to the folder. Anything that meets the policy will be moved to your Online Archive.
How to archive specific emails or folders.
- Select the desired mail item or folder.
- Click and hold on the item or folder.
- Drag that item or folder to the "In-Place Archive" folder.
This will manually move that item or folder into your Online Archive.
How to import Archive PSTs on your computer to Exchange Online
- Click on "File".
- Click on "Open & Export"
- Click on "Import/Export"
- Select "Import from another program or file" then click "Next".
- Select Outlook Data File(.pst)
- Browse to your PST you want to import. Select "Replace duplicates with items imported".
- Click on "Import items into the same folder in:" and select "Online Archive - YourEmail@lsus.edu".
- Click "Finish"
This will start the import of your local PST to the Online Archive. Please note depending on the size of your PST it make take a while to upload.